FMA effectively brings your concerns on job, career, salary and benefits, retirement security and other issues to the attention of lawmakers and top agency decision-makers.
Why You Should Join FMA
- The Federal Managers Association is the only professional association advocating for all federal managers, supervisors and executives.
- Your pay, retirement benefits, and job are being targeted. We fight to protect what you have earned.
- We advocate for legislation that helps our members by meeting with decision makers, testifying before Congress, briefing legislators, crafting legislation, and mobilizing our members to fight for good government policies.
- FMA provides members training for both grassroots action and general skills improvement, helping you become a stronger leader and creating opportunities for advancement.
- Without our members, none of this is possible. We need YOU!
- Repeal of long term TDY per diem cuts at the Department of Defense.
- The FERS Sick Leave Credit allows FERS enrollees to apply unused sick leave to their retirement plan, worth an average of $500 in your pocket.The FEHBP Self Plus One Option provides an average of $180 in savings for your family every year
- The FMA supported Competitive Service Act helps managers hire the best applicants for the job with less hassle and red tape.
- FMA was instrumental in securing Administrative Leave Reform, improving the lives of federal managers by providing uniformity, transparency and accountability, all while saving taxpayers $3.1 billion.
- FMA's Wounded Warriors Leave Act will have helped provide service-related disability leave to an estimated 45,000 new feds by 2020.
Your Non-Partisan Advocate
Taking a non-confrontational approach, FMA maintains positive relationships that allow progress in all political climates.
"The Federal Managers Association is the only professional association advocating for all federal managers, supervisors and executives.The Federal Managers Association is a strong advocate for our nation's federal employees and I value their perspective on the ever-changing civil service. Their focus and success on making our federal government more efficient and effective, while maintaining a dedicated management workforce, demonstrates the important role they play in helping those of us on Capitol Hill make sound policy decisions."-House Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD)
"In every community across America, federal employees work to make sure the government is effective and keep us safe; their daily contributions to their fellow citizens and to the cause of freedom are simply innumerable. I am proud to represent the many dedicated patriots of Virginia's First District who serve the people of this nation every day. I appreciate FMA advising me on the concerns of federal managers, and look forward to continuing to work with FMA on issues of importance to the civilian workforce."
-Congressman Rob Wittman (R-VA)
With FMA, Your Voice is Heard
The Association's considerable political influence stems from a team approach to advocacy. When lawmakers or agency decision-makers consider proposals that could adversely affect the management of the federal workforce, they quickly realize that TEAM FMA stands together to protect the interests of all its members.
FMA's grassroots mobilization, backed by an aggressive political action committee, ensures strong allies on Capitol Hill who support the Association's policy goals. These combined efforts help the Federal Managers Association to achieve continued regulatory and legislative success while serving as a sounding board for federal agencies and Congress.
FMA is a respected member of the federal employee community. The Association is an active member of the Government Managers Coalition, Federal-Postal Coalition, Employee Thrift Advisory Council (advises the Thrift Savings Plan Board), and the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA). FMA also maintains an ongoing dialogue with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
Build Your Career With FMA!
Through its educational partners, as well as management training offered at the annual National Convention, the Federal Managers Association sponsors valuable professional development programs for its members and the federal management community. FMA continually partners with research organizations and academia to provide opportunities to enhance your managerial skills.
Who Can Join FMA?
Click here to learn all about the different types of FMA membership.
The Federal Managers Association is a dynamic, proactive association that not only fights for and protects your interests, but offers you money-saving benefits and valuable services. Join the Federal Managers Association today, and become part of a movement to ensure our federal government is as efficient and effective as it can be.